If the item you are looking for is not listed in the Coastline catalog we may be able to borrow the item for you from another library system outside Coos County via interlibrary loan. Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is available to any Library patron with a Coastline library card in good standing. All types of materials may be requested but please note that audio, video, genealogy books, and new books may be difficult to borrow. Depending on the type of material, it may take 7-21 days to receive the item. The library will notify patrons when the requested item cannot be obtained. Non-residents of Coos County without Coastline cards should contact their local public library to initiate an ILL request for Coastline library materials. The following policies also apply:
- There is a $3.00 per item fee for this service due when the item arrives. Overdue items will be assessed at $.50 per day per item from the date due.
- It is the requesting patron’s responsibility to pick up any materials ordered within 10 working days after receiving notification that the materials are available. If the ILL item is not picked up the $3.00 fee will be charged to your Coastline account.
- If your card has $5.00 or more in fines and/or lost materials owed to any Coastline library your ILL request will not be processed.
- Please pick up and return ILL materials from the same library listed as your pick-up location.
- The library will honor other lending instituations’ policies, including loan periods, replacement charges, and non-renewal or in-library use policies.
- Failure to adhere to ILL policies may result in the loss of ILL privileges and borrowing privileges within Coastline libraries.
Notice – Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies of other reproductions or copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use”, that user may be liable for copyright infringement.