- Free borrowing from all Coos County public libraries and Southwestern
- Return to any Coos County public library and Southwestern
- Express Self-Check to check out most materials
- Access to COASTLINE (county-wide library catalog on-line) from your home computer
- Free use of Internet and word processing computers (per-page charge for printing)
- Interlibrary Loan service with nationwide and international borrowing capability
- Videos, books on tape, CD (Compact Disk) and MP3, and music on CDs
- 225 current magazines and newspapers
- Oregon and local history research collection
- Large print books and magazines
- Foreign language collection
- Study room for tutoring or small group learning activities
- Special youth and adult programs, lectures, workshops
HOW TO APPLY FOR A LIBRARY CARD
Complete an application (available at the check out desk) and present one piece of picture ID and something with your current local address, such as an Oregon driver’s license, printed checks, or utility bill.
Your card may be used at any public library in Coos County as well as at the library of Southwestern Oregon Community College.
DIRECTIONS TO THE LIBRARY
Coos Bay Public Library’s address is 525 W. Anderson Avenue in downtown Coos Bay.
Anderson is a one-way street, running east; Commercial Avenue is the westbound companion street, 2 blocks north from Anderson.
From Highway 101, follow Commerical west to 6th Street (behind City Hall); turn south (left) down 6th to Anderson.
The Library parking lot is directly across Anderson.
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 12 noon to 6 p.m.
Closed on Sunday Phone: 541-269-1101
Address: 525 Anderson Ave.,
Coos Bay, OR 97420