Major Projects Supported
- 2008 Library Remodel – Expansion of entrance and new materials area.
- 2009 Oral History Project – Purchased digital recorders and other equipment necessary to capture Coos Bay and surrounding area’s history through personal interviews.
- 2009 Expansion Plans – Worked with local architect to create plans for future expansion of the library.
- 2011 Library Equipment – Purchased tow microform machines for better access to historical items, especially newspapers. Purchased additional shelving for the Children’s Collection.
- 2012 Computer Equipment – In conjunction with a grant from the Three Rivers Foundation, the Library Foundation purchased twenty new public access computers.
- 2013 CD Music Shelving – New shelving was purchased to house and expand the current music collection. Rehousing the collection also freed up floor space to expand the Young Adult Area.
- 2014 Young Adult Area – Funds were approved to help expand the Young Adult Area and make it more comfortable for patrons. Additional seating and shelving will be added.
Library Birthday Party celebrating 100 years.